Sunday, May 19, 2013

19th May 2013 (世界之最 – Leon Lai)

The song that I chose for today is “世界之最” by Leon Lai. This is not the same song as Sammi Cheng’s ”世界之最[我願意]” that I talked about before. I remember I used to listen to this song a lot when I was a kid. I had no idea what’s the lyrics trying to say, but the melody really catches my ears. From memory, this song is a song for a jeans advertisement. The direct English translation of the title is “Best of the world”.

In a way this song is about love, but more in the sense of enjoying life. The lyrics are a bit complex, I am not 100% sure what it is trying to say, but I have tried my best to translate the lyrics (or at least my understanding of the lyrics.) The lyrics start off telling us that we are free to do anything that we wanted to do, we can chose who to hang out with or who we wanted to kiss. We can have fun and enjoy what we wanted to do, so every day is like a holiday. We can chose the best of the world, and on the way there we will both see different beauty. Take it ease, relax, add a bit of love and follow your heart. It would be more enjoyable if you open your heart to the world and open up your options to choose your perfect love. I can see that you have lots of dreams that you wanted to achieve. Me and you can get along in every situation. So if we take things casually, every second that we spent together is a happy holiday. Hope you will like the song.



世界之最 – Leon Lai

No comments:

Post a Comment