Sunday, May 26, 2013

26th May 2013 (澤田研二 – George Lam/Itsumi – Kenji Sawada (澤田研二))

The song that I chose for today is “澤田研二” by George Lam. I never heard of this song before today. I was searching in iTunes and I bump into this song. What catches my eyes is the name of the song. The direct English translation of the title is “Kenji Sawada”. The name of the song is actually a name of a Japanese singer. At first I thought the song name was accidently switched with the artist name, but when I saw it was George Lam, I realised that the name must be correct. The funny thing about this song is that, this is a Chinese cover of Kenji Sawada’s “Itsumi”.

The lyrics of the song are quite out of the ordinary. The lyrics are about the feeling of the protagonist when he listens to Kenji Sawada’s songs. It starts off saying that Kenji is like water, and his voice touched the protagonist. He feels warm and connected. Kenji is like fire and warms him up. Kenji voice is so catching that it is hard to resist. Kenji Sawada, it feels like you had caught my soul. The emotion from your song is very straight forward that he doesn’t need to guess. So Kenji Sawada, please keep singing and lighten my life.

In the middle of the song, George added a monologue. He said that in 1981, it was the first time he heard Kenji Sawada singing. That night he heard many Kenji’s songs. Although he didn’t understand all of the songs, but Kenji’s voice is imprinted in his head.

Hope you will like the song. I have also linked to Kenji Sawada’s Itsumi just for comparison.

13th Apr 2013 (丫烏婆 – George Lam/If you wanna be happy – Jimmy Soul)
23rd Feb 2013 (邁步向前 – George Lam)
7th Feb 2013 (千憶個夜晚 – George Lam/Lonely Won't Leave Me Alone – Jermaine Jackson)

澤田研二 – George Lam



Itsumi – Kenji Sawada (澤田研二)

No comments:

Post a Comment