Wednesday, August 2, 2017

2nd Aug 2017 (失魂記 – Hacken Lee)

Hello everyone, blog alive again lol Thanks for all of your emails, I didn’t have the chance to reply you all one by one. I am fine and in one-piece :) I actually move houses around 1-2 months ago as the places that I was living in was always a temporary place and it was quite expensive. Not like my current place is cheap (as properties pricing in Hong Kong, but buying and renting, are crazy high….), but at least a fair amount cheaper than the place before. So ever since I moved, I got the bad habit of going onto Taobao everyday to buy my furniture, which consumed pretty much all my free time lol. Things are so cheap there that even when I have to pay for shipping to Hong Kong from China, it is still significantly cheaper than if I get it from a store in Hong Kong. While my house is still like a prehistoric cave with things everything (as I am still trying to buy stuff to store them probably) at lease now I can call this place home. I probably wouldn’t be able to update this blog as often as I used to, but I will try to make at least one post per week :)

Anyway, back to the tradition, the song post :) The song for today is “失魂記” by Hacken Lee. I would translate the title as “Tales of losing the spirit”. It is a very touching song. The lyrics are about dementia. But it is talking about dementia from the perspective of the caretaker. It talks about the different life events that they been through together and how now the patient seems to have forgotten all about it, even her partner, the caretaker, yet he is still on her side fulfilling his promise. The caretaker said: “You remembered? The witness of the happy marriage. The moment when we ate white bread when we got sick. The time when you accompanied me even when I was poor and down. Today, you remembered? The most stressful moment, the micro movement of our kids under ultrasound. The feeling of being a mother? Remembered the wrong face; remembered the wrong address. Forgot how to call me. Which of those feeling would you still clearly remembered? Forgot to take medicine, forgot about your age, you are like a kid going to classes. Even if you forgot about me for the rest of your life, I will still be with you. So please don’t worry about bothering me. You remembered? The moment when you were self-willed. It was a pointless incident that we argued. It was nonsense, but it was touching. Didn’t know, didn’t know that you already don’t know. Happy, argued, loved, picky, confused, I will accompany you to remember, remember, remember. Blurrily remember, even though there is only me.  Remembered the wrong face; remembered the wrong address. Forgot how to call me. Which of those feeling would you still clearly remembered? Forgot to take medicine, forgot about your age, you are like a kid skipping classes. That moment remembered me, then the next forgot about me, still ok. You remembered? The happiness of our golden wedding anniversary. Time flies. Even if you couldn’t remember, they were real. Wish that I will remember you, and accompany you to the haven.” Hope you will like this song.

Related posts:
3rd Feb 2017 (秋止符 – Hacken Lee)





失魂記 – Hacken Lee

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you are back and doing well, Sunny. And a nice song! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Long time no see V. It really has been a while since I last posted.

      Delete