Sunday, June 1, 2014

31st May 2014 (垃圾 – Eason Chan/Candy Lo)

Hi everyone, this is my first post during my holiday :D I know some of you have been looking forward to this. Sorry to keep you all waiting, I have been going out early in the day and going back to the hotel very late, so I didn’t have the energy to write a post in the past couple of days. Alright, here we go :) The song I chose for today is “垃圾” by Eason Chan. This song was originally sung by Candy Lo, but I chose to talk about Eason’s version because this was the first version that I heard. I used to listen to this song so much. The direct English translation of the title is “Rubbish”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The protagonist said that if she is half piece of a rubbish paper, please let her turn into a butterfly. If she is an empty can, then let her harden her heart. He wasted her and buried her alive; she let him happy and let her decay, for him to bloom in the trash. Let her become rubbish, and stay in his house. Let her wound heal in the wallow, and grow again. Love is like rubbish, the remain will decay, but in the garden at the end, flowers will grow. It is not scary to be forgotten by the world, as loving him is sometime is scarier. She can no longer care for him, and that is not as good as turning into ashes in his hand. There is no need to be so perfect; how to resist to be so happy? Can’t he just be cruel?  In the ashes, she has been swallow, there is nothing she worry about now, and so she is not scare about anything else. Hope you will like the song. I have also linked to Candy’s original version for your comparison. Enjoy!!!



垃圾 – Eason Chan


垃圾 – Candy Lo

1 comment:

  1. I heard Candy Lo's version first before Eason and find both versions just as great! Candy Lo's has a dreamy feel which sounded different than most of her songs today in my opinion. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Cy

    ReplyDelete