Friday, November 9, 2012

9th Nov 2012 (再見...露絲瑪莉 – Denise Ho)

The song that I chose for today is “再見...露絲瑪莉” by Denise Ho. I should have talk about this song yesterday like I have promised but I forgot. Anyway, if you remember 2 days ago, when I talk about the song “露絲瑪莉”, I mentioned that there were a second part to that song, so today I will finish off the story by talking about the second part. The direct English translation of the title is “Goodbye…Rose Mary”.

The lyrics tell a story that follows on from “露絲瑪莉”. From “露絲瑪莉” we know that the protagonist were a pair of lesbian. In this song we found out that Rose and Mary are what they call each other, Rose is the protagonist and Mary is her girlfriend. In this song, Mary can’t bare how others see her, so Mary decided to leave Rose. So now when Mary is gone, Rose told us that Rose will disappear as well (as they are not their real name, but just a name that they use to call each other. So when Mary left her, the very existent of Rose will disappear as well, as no one else in the world will know that she was once been called Rose.) Although their relationship ends like this, but Rose said she will forever remember this and she will not anyone else call her Rose, so this name is specially reserved for Mary. Hope you will enjoy this song.


再見...露絲瑪莉 – Denise Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment