Saturday, March 23, 2013

22nd Mar 2013 (一生何求 – Danny Chan)

The song that I chose for today is “一生何求” by Danny Chan. I love this song when I was a kid. It was a theme song of a TV drama and I guess that’s why it imprinted in my head. I can’t remember what’s the drama was about, but I remember who star in it, because at one point I thought this song was sung by the actor rather than Danny. The direct English translation of the title is “what do you wish for in your life” (is a bit hard to translate, but this is the closest that I can translate it).

The lyrics of the song are about a person reviewing his life. The lyrics is a bit hard to translate as it is rather abstract, hope you will understand my translation. He said that time had passed by, there were thing that he had in his hand but now it’s gone, but the thing that he never though he would get is with him. So he wonders where he has achieved what he wanted, and he said that it is hard to judge. So what are we chasing after in our life, we always make decision between giving up or getting it in our hand. We spent our life chasing after it, but before we can touch it, it has already run away. So what are we looking for in our life, we are always lost and can’t see through our purpose and we just never thought that what we lost is all that we got.

The lyrics are very abstract, but what it is trying to say is that in our life we might have many goals. While we try to achieve these goals, some we might achieve it, some might not. We might have success before, but then we lost it. But losing what we got might get us something that we never thought of. So in our life how can we judge whether we are successful or not as environment and perspective changes all the time. Hope you will like the song.

一生何求 – Danny Chan

2 comments:

  1. TVB Drama was Looking back in Anger ( 義不容情)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for this nice article. I have always loved Danny Chan since I was small. NK Chew, Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete