Friday, September 2, 2016

2nd Sep 2016 (少見不怪 – Eason Chan)

The song for today is “少見不怪” by Eason Chan. This is a reader request. I am slowly working through the request list. The title of the song kind of play with words. A more typical Chinese phase that is similar to the title is “多見不怪” or “見怪不怪” mean that you have seen a lot of wired stuff that no more weird stuff will surprise you. The title kind of have the opposite meaning, seeing so little, but don’t feel weird.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist wishing that his ex-girlfriend would understand that their relationship is over. He said: “Hey! The weather on this side is getting warmer. Will you be happy like what I wished? When you said you will fulfil my wish, to be in love with her and stop wasting time dragging it on. But why today I complain? I think of you even when I am with her. Let say if everything reverted back to what it was, would we have a good ending? Or would that just be the beginning of a bad dream? Since we have been apart, why we want to bother other. Why when we left behind the one we love, then we understand how important our lover is? Since we have been broken up, there is no need to ask how you are. So I still want to know how you have been with you lover, would you think of me? Good! Even if him and you have some argument. Would I instantly get to your side? I wouldn’t! we are both very clear about that. If we were so good together, then we would have easily get over our problems. Since we have been apart, why we want to bother other. Why when we left behind the one we love, then we understand how important our lover is? Since we have been broken up, there is no need to ask how you are. So I still want to know how you have been with you lover, you can think of me.  Since we have been broken up, there is no need to ask how you are. So I still want to know how you have been with you lover, would you think of me? No… Hey! The weather is getting warmer on this side. Will you be happy like what I have wished?” Hope you will like the song.



少見不怪 – Eason Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment