Friday, January 4, 2013

3rd Jan 2013 (離開,是為了回來 – Chet Lam)

The song that I chose for today is “離開,是為了回來” by Chet Lam. Today is the last day of my 1 month long holiday, I really wish that I could stay longer, I missed all my friends here, but I guess I really just wanted to escape from my study life. Anyway, this song is dedicated to my friends, I really like to thanks you all making my holiday fun and enjoyable, seeing all of you really make me feel that I have travelled back in time and reminded me of the good old days when we can still afford to have fun. Back to the song, the direct translation of the title is “leaving, is for the sake of returning”.

The lyrics of the song actually describe the protagonist leaving a place for holiday to heal his wounds for breaking up with his girlfriend. In the lyrics it said that he is leaving for holiday tomorrow, his friends wish him to have a happy holiday. He can choose to stay, but leaving perhaps is a way to release his pressure and sadness. He wishes he could travel with some, but it is too late now as he had already left. He told himself that many people in his life can’t stay with him forever, and there are always regrets that we can’t fix, perhaps we should learn how to leave it behind. But he realised that he is too weak to take this to action, and he just tried to act tough in front of others. So he told himself, if ending is for restarting, finishing a drink is for refilling, then raining is for us to treasure the sunny day and the short period of happiness is for us to recall it many many times, so perhaps leaving is for returning.  Hopefully you will like the song.


離開,是為了回來 – Chet Lam

No comments:

Post a Comment