Saturday, January 19, 2013

18th Jan 2013 (Castle On A Cloud – Les Miserables)

The song that I chose for today is “Castle On A Cloud” from Les Miserables. I watched Les Miserables tonight, it had always been my favourite play. Years ago, I borrow a DVD of the theatre version and it touched me deeply. So I was very excited when I heard that they made a movie of it and it didn’t disappoint me, it is one of the best movie that I have watched in recent years. This song that I chose today is one of my favourite from the play.

The lyrics of the song are about the character Cosette. Young Cosette is dreaming of a utopia, where all the things that she dreamed of occur. This song is very toughing if you watch the play, as it is very contrast to Cosette’s life. Hearing words like these from a child mouth stunned me, and it really make me think why the world could be so unfair. Anyways, hope you will like the song.


Castle On A Cloud – Les Miserables

No comments:

Post a Comment