Monday, January 7, 2013

7th Jan 2013 (雪中火 – Emil Chau)

The song that I chose for today is “雪中火” by Emil Chau. I didn’t quite enjoy Emil’s music when I was young, perhaps it was because he was described as the “Killer of the 4 kings of Canton Pop” and back then I was a fan of Leon Lai (one of the 4 kings of Canton Pop). A few years ago, I went over to my friends place and accidently listened to one of the few songs that I like from Emil, it was then I really open my mind to Emil’s music. After that, I search everywhere for Emil’s songs in hope to found more of my childhood favourite songs that I don’t know the name of and also hope to search for some hidden gold. My passion of searching Emil’s song had now faded, but the song that I chose for today remain as one of my favourite of Emil. The direct English translation of the title is “Fire in the snow”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The protagonist fallen in love with a girl, but the girl is quite resist to his love. He figure out that she is worries that the mismatch of their personally would make them a bad match. She is cold in personality while the protagonist is passionate and friendly. So the protagonist told her that many things in the world doesn’t seems to match, like a warm fire on a snow mountain, perhaps they don’t seems to match, but they will understand each other and eventually work out, so he told her if she believe, then they wouldn’t fail. Hope you will enjoy the song.


雪中火 – Emil Chau

No comments:

Post a Comment