Saturday, March 19, 2016

19th Mar 2016 (猜情尋 – Eason Chan)

The song for today is “猜情尋” by Eason Chan. This is another reader request. The title “猜情尋” in Cantonese broadly means any games that you play with hand, but generally it referred to rock scissor paper.

The lyrics of the song are about life, how you see success, the lyrics are actually quite deep. The protagonist said: “Games, even if you lose there is a limit. If it is so hard like a roller coaster, how to deal with it? No matter whether you will be able to have a bright future, if you play seriously, played the game with heart, it will be more fun. If there is lose in the game, then there is also win. Apart from strength, there is also fate. At the beginning you just wanted to play, why suddenly you wanted to gamble your life? Why scared and too worry, quickly listen. No matter whether it is smart or stupid, don’t think of it like you will need to battle this out with your life. Rock scissor paper, perhaps not as good as others, it will not affect how you smile to others. Never said that you need to win, if you managed to have fun then there is no regret. Rock scissor paper, rock scissor paper, even when you lose you can gain more than others, as you have got an extra lesson. Forward or backward is just a dream. After shaken, it is still a good dream. Not matter wither you could shine or not, your future is still useful. Your dreams fall through, then you will have free time to relax. No matter whether it is smart or stupid, don’t think of it like you will need to battle this out with your life. Rock scissor paper, perhaps not as good as others, it will not affect how you smile to others. Never said that you need to win, if you managed to have fun then there is no regret. Rock scissor paper, rock scissor paper, even when you lose you can gain more than others, as you have got an extra lesson. Can gain more than others. No need to treat it so seriously.” Hope you will enjoy this song.



猜情尋 – Eason Chan

11 comments:

  1. Very nice song. Noticed you are working on the artist links on the right side. Keep up the great work.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, yes, working on the artist list :) Wanted to do that for quite some time as it gets very annoying to keep manually doing all the backlinks in each of the post every time I make a new post. It is also during this that I actually visited my own blog (a long time since I last actually looked at my blog from the visitor perspective) and realised some of the text is actually quite hard to read lol So currently thinking to change the layout and background a bit. After all I haven’t changed any of the layout ever since I started the blog and I guess a blog renovation is long overdue.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. It will probably take alot of work to label all your artists since you got so many. I like the related posts though, with the label link if there are too many links (eg Eason) you can't see all the songs all in one page. Wish there was a way that they can do an auto related posts.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sunny for translating this song for me! I recently found your site and I was (and am) quite excited about it. I'm learning Cantonese and this really helps! Like everyone else, I'm busy busy with life but I am planning to go through ALL your wonderful work with time. Like the earlier poster Chris, I do like you set this up under the same artist with links. Thanks again. It's great! And it is a nice song. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris and V., I realised about that problem yesterday when I was checking out how the label thing is working. I actually got a solution for the problem, which is to create a blank post for each artist, then have the artist label linked to that page only. On each artist page then I will put all the links there, so I will only need to update 1 page each time and it will also just show the title of each post. The problem that I face now is that if I create a post for each artist now, they will swamp my whole home page lol So I need to find a way to block these posts from appearing on homepage (but accessible by clicking on label or direct link), but I have no idea on how to do it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean... Good luck! I can't help you with that but I am planning to go through a lot of your work. Will be visiting this site quite often. I will send more feedback on the way. It's fantastic as it is. You only want to better manage this. (-: Love reading your thoughts with the translation. Keep up the good work!

      Delete
    2. Hi V. No worries, I am trying to sort it out on Google blogger help forum, hopefully some expert on there could help me out :) Glad that you like my blog :D Never thought that my blog would be helpful on Cantonese learning :) So you are from an English speaking background?? Or you know Mandarin but just not Cantonese?

      Delete
    3. Sunny I think you can create each artist as a page, then in the page you can list all your links for that artist. Then instead of listing the labels you can link each page one by one by using a links object linking to your own website for each artist.

      Delete
    4. Thanks :D The people at the Google Blogger forum suggested that as well.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you must find it hard then. Cantonese have more tone than Mandarin, I would say Cantonese is one of the more complex Asian language. It is probably quite difficult for people distinguish between the different tone between similar words. Good luck :D Hope this blog would help you out :)

      Delete