Thursday, March 17, 2016

17th Mar 2016 (下一站天后 – Twins)

The song for today is “下一站天后” by Twins. This is a reader request.  Personally I quite like this song, this is one of the few Twins songs that I actually from time to time. This song was the theme song for a movie, in which a girl dreamed to be a singer, but was rejected due to her looks. The phase “天后” have two meaning, one is “Tin Hau”, a place in Hong Kong, the other means “Sky queen” (a goddess in Chinese legend). While the lyrics plays with the idea of both meaning, I would guess that in this context, it would take the later meaning, as it is also a phase that used to describe a very popular singer (i.e. singing queen). So as such, the direct English translation of the title is “Next station Queen”. You may also like to listen to 司機” by Shawn Yu, which was also from the same movie.

The lyrics of the song are being a singing star. The protagonist said: “Standing at the front of Daimaru (a department store from Japan. There is a branch in Hong Kong, and it was a famous landmark), carefully looking through my road. The next station, to be queen, that would be great. But during the glamorous road of being a star, if I suddenly scare of height, would he still hug me from my back? The couple at Paterson street (a street in Hong Kong), they show their pride on their face. Allowing me to sing freely on the stage, it may not be the best as the fame would be like bobble (i.e. it will easily disappear). Even if I have my concert, and someone wanted to sing, he still can’t get to the venue. Still felt that I wasted my life, if I don’t love, how could I sing? No matter how many love songs there is for me to sing, it will still be a stretch. How will I shine? It is still very different that singing tenderly to the ears of my love one. Flying in my daydream, it is not too far, not too abstract. Later I become the queen, become the bride, both are my dream. At the square of time, everyone will get an award. If I don’t have any fan, I will have him to admire me. No matter how many love songs there is for me to sing, it will still be a stretch. How will I shine? It is still very different that singing tenderly to the ears of my love one. Really, my biggest dream is to follow him home and sing for him.” Hope you will like the song.

Related post:


Other Twins related posts:
14th Aug 2016 (我很想爱他 – Twins)


下一站天后 – Twins

2 comments:

  1. Hi, may you do this song for tomorrow please? I love this song but can never fully understand it. thank you!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jD2VYQD5A8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sunny. I appreciate it. I remember watching the movie a long time ago, long..charlene was the real singer and niki was the lip sync one. Good movie

    Chris

    ReplyDelete