Sunday, March 18, 2012

18th Mar 2012 (Killing me softly with his song - Roberta Flack)

Today’s pick is “Killing me softly with his song”. The original was sung by Lori Lieberman, but I like the version by Roberta Flack because I think her voice and singing style is a better match for the song. Though, if you like the version below, I encourage you to listen to the original as well, as that is also a good song.

This song is about a person who went to see a male singer performance and founds herself being deeply touched by his voice. I wonder whether you have similar experience, when you meet a person and he/she remind you about you past. I guess most of us feel this way when the person reminds us of some deeply hurt experience and we wanted to have someone to share the pain, to feel less painful. But as we grow up, it is harder and harder to found someone to share the pain. I hope by listening to this song, you can feel that there is always someone there that you can talk to, to share your pain through life. Feel free to share your story with me by posting a comment below.


Killing me softly with his song – Roberta Flack


No comments:

Post a Comment