Wednesday, March 21, 2012

21st Mar 2012 (Yesterday Once More - The Carpenters)

The song of the day is “Yesterday Once More” by Carpenters. This song came out in 1973.

I guess most people would know the first lines of this song “When I was young I'd listen to the radio, waitin' for my favourite songs”. Not sure how deeply people feel about this line when the song first came out (as I wasn’t born yet), but I can feel it deeply nowadays. I mean, many of us would probably download songs from the internet as it is quick and easy. There is no longer the need to wait for a song to be played by a radio host or the need to wait for the CD to come out. Playing a song that we want is just simply a few clicks away. I think it is the ease of this make us less likely to enjoy a song, and it is also this ease that make us forget the time and effort musician put in for the layout and the order of the songs in an album. I guess I am one of the odd one these day that still buy albums from a shop. I have to say mp3 really make it easy to carry many songs with us, but to really get a taste of the songs, CD is still the unbeatable way because you are getting a complete package that are custom made for the theme. By listening to the whole album, it also widens our music sense. Enough nonsense from me :p hope you will enjoy the song for today.


Yesterday Once More – The Carpenters


No comments:

Post a Comment