Sunday, February 24, 2013

24th Feb 2013 (大熱 – Leslie Cheung)

The song that I chose for today is “大熱” by Leslie Cheung. It is so hot today, so I thought I would match chose a song with the word hot in it. This song was published in the album that shares the same name as the song. It was one of the first albums that I got by Leslie. I bought the album because back then I quite like this song (well, I actually found this song quite out of Leslie’s personality, different to his usual), but the real reason is that I saw the album in a second hand CD shop and it was selling for 10 Hong Kong dollar, that was very cheap (yet, it really just the CD and the booklet. The original packaging and the box was broken, but the CD was in perfect condition.) The direct English translation of the title is “Big heat”.

I found the lyrics are a bit complex to understand. Though I think the main message of the song is to say how powerful love could be. It starts of by saying that “falling in love is like jumping off a cliff. I wanted to hug you until you are rotten. Loving this world would not be as great as loving you. Now when we are in love, I get so powerful, our love could melt metals and rocks. This heat is like it has been generated by overlapping the equator. The more we love the hotter it gets.”

Back in the time when this album came out, Leslie was seen as a bit weird, people thought that he might have a bit of mental problem. So the music video of this song is very different to any usual Hong Kong music videos. Anyway, hope you will like the song.



大熱 – Leslie Cheung

No comments:

Post a Comment