Thursday, February 28, 2013

27th Feb 2013 (人間 – Faye Wong/清流 – Miyuki Nakajima 中島美雪)

The song that I chose for today is “人間” by Faye Wong. I always love this song, by as I got so many songs in my music library I tend to forget about them until I accidentally played them. I clicked on this song earlier today by accident and it brings back some memory from the past. Anyway, back to the song. The English translation of the title is “Mortal World”. This is the Chinese cover version of the Japanese song “清流” by Miyuki Nakajima 中島美雪

The lyrics of this song described the reality of our world. It main message is to tell us that the world is not perfect, not everything will turn out as we expected, but we can always make it better. It starts of saying that “the sky doesn’t necessary became clear after a thunder storm, and that there isn’t always a rainbow when the sky is clear. So you might look innocent, but it doesn’t mean that you are ignorant. Not all the relationship will have a start and end, and loneliness doesn’t always lead to worries. Though in our life, we can’t avoid pain. Let’s hope that your eyes will only see smile. Wish that every tear that you drop could emotionally touch others. Pray that every dream that you have could be achieved. The mortal world in the sky, if it really worth praising, it is only because you are there to make it feel warm. The world is big, and it is more blurry then you would have imagined, so I wouldn’t lie to you and just wish that you could understand what I am talking about. I wish that you understand, then you would know what to do with your life.”

Although the lyrics sounds a bit cruel, but because of Faye’s voice and expression you actually feel a bit warm after listening to the song. Hope you will enjoy this song as much as I do. As usual, I have also linked the original Japanese version for comparison.




人間 – Faye Wong


清流 – Miyuki Nakajima 中島美雪

No comments:

Post a Comment