Sunday, February 10, 2013

9th Feb 2013 (神啊!求求讓我睡 – Wilfred Lau)

The song that I chose for today is “神啊!求求讓我睡” by Wilfred Lau. I remember I listen to this song so much when I was studying overseas. The direct English translation is “God! Please let me sleep”. I remember back then I can’t fall to sleep (I was still awake at 5am in the morning and I have to go to school the next day at around 10). I was so frustrated (which make it even harder to fall into sleep), and I saw this song on internet. I play it and it makes everything worse. Yes, you got that right, this song is not for people to listen if they can fall to sleep, it is far too powerful that it actually makes you more awake.

The lyrics are basically about a guy who can’t sleep and it show the pressure that I talk about (where we wanted to sleep because we need to wake up early the next day, but because of the pressure it makes it harder to sleep). At the start he told us that it’s 3am in the morning and he is still awake. He looked out to the window and it dark, but he is not sleepy. He tried to make himself sleep, but it didn’t work and it make him feel crazy. The radio is playing classic song, and thinking about that he have to wake up tomorrow to get to work make him worry. He tried counting sheep to help himself to fall to sleep, but it didn’t work. He yelled “God! Please let me sleep”, he jumped off the bed and drank some water. It had been 5 days now and he wishes that tonight he could fall to sleep like a normal person, he feel so that that he almost cried. Now, buses started their service, and he finally feel a bit sleepy, but someone make a wrong call and wake him up again. Now it’s 7 o’clock and he looks like a zombie. This go on two more days and finally he feel sleepy, even though it’s in the morning, but he didn’t care, he just wanted to sleep.

To be honest, this song wouldn’t help you sleep, but if you feel very angry about why you can’t fall to sleep (when you are in the situation like the protagonist, I am quite sure you will get mad), this song will surely help you to release some of your anger. Hope you will like the song.


神啊!求求讓我睡 – Wilfred Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment