Saturday, April 27, 2013

27th Apr 2013 (面具 – Ivana Wong)

The song that I chose for today is “面具” by Ivana Wong. This is one of my favourite from Ivana. I chose this song today purely because of the title. The direct English translation of the title is “Mask”. It gets me thinking why everyone in the world has to put on a mask when we meet with other. I hate it when I see myself trying to act nice to someone that I truly hate. So many times we misunderstand each other because we don’t understand the reason behind their decision, so why should we hide? If we are open about it, then we could better understand each other and probably be more forgivable. But I guess it is not possible, as we are all selfish, we always wanted more for ourselves than others.

The lyrics of the song got are somewhat related to my thought above. The song is about love. It is basically about the relationship between the protagonist and her boyfriend. She feels that they are not as close to each other as they were, they don’t talk to each other as much. But both of they don’t have to courage to break up as they don’t want to regret. So they put up a mask, or a fake face, to cover up their real emotion. Hope you will like the song.


面具 – Ivana Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment