Monday, April 8, 2013

8th Apr 2013 (與蝶同眠 – Joey Yung)

The song that I chose for today is “與蝶同眠” by Joey Yung. This song is one of the few that I actually like from Joey in recent years. I personally like her old songs better than the new ones. The direct English translation of the title is “sleeping with a butterfly”.

The lyrics of the song are very abstract. I have read a few accounts on what people think the song is about, but all interpreted it differently. My understanding of the lyrics is that it is about the protagonist had fallen in love with a guy. She was so attracted to him, but once she became his girlfriend, she feels that he start to ignore her. She feels that he doesn’t value her as much as he did, but she doesn’t want to leave him. So she decided that she will just enjoy this relationship without thinking too much about how it will turn out. Hope you will like the song.


與蝶同眠 – Joey Yung

No comments:

Post a Comment