Monday, November 14, 2016

14th Nov 2016 (這麼近(那麼遠) – Jacky Cheung)

The song for today is “這麼近(那麼遠)” by Jacky Cheung. This is a reader request. This is a very beautiful song, one that I used to listen a lot. The direct English translation of the title is “So close (yet so far)”.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist feeling that him and his partner is physically so close together but their heart is so far away. He said: “Day by day, day and night, we face to face, together and sleep together. Bit by bit, slowly and slowly, I realised that even we face each other, but we got nothing to say. Quietly gazing at that familiar back side, when you band your body, I realised that you are so distanced from me. Like at the edge of the world, couldn’t even walk an inch closer. I, managed to keep you on my side, but our hearts are so distanced. Perhaps there is one day, you standing right in front of me, but I couldn’t realise who face it is. I, managed to keep you on my side, but our hearts are so distanced. I wanted to extend my arms to drag it closer, but I couldn’t reach that side. Just a little bit more, but this little bit, is so far away. Can touch, but couldn’t understand. So close, yet so far, still. Living together, but without sound; me and you, have changed, already speechless. Quietly gazing at that familiar back side, what you are thinking is so distance from me. Like at the edge of the world, couldn’t even walk an inch closer.” The lyrics of this song is so simple, yet so strong and paint a very good picture. Hope you will enjoy listening to this song.

26th Nov 2015 (等你等到我心痛 – Jacky Cheung)
25th Dec 2014 (Merry Christmas I Love You – Jacky Cheung/不思议で素敌なクリスマス – Hiroshi Sugita (杉田裕))
16th Nov 2014 (明日世界終結時 – Jacky Cheung)


這麼近(那麼遠) – Jacky Cheung



No comments:

Post a Comment