Sunday, September 22, 2013

21st Sep 2013 (紙皮箱 – Candy Lo)

The song that I chose for today is “紙皮箱” by Candy Lo. I personally quite like this song. The direct English translation of the title is “Carton box”.

The lyrics of the song are about our past. It begins with the protagonist telling us that one day she was cleaning her room and found this old carton box. This box contain the old her. She found photos of her high school friends, Christmas cards and toys. Seeing these reminded her many minor things about her past, about the people that she loved. All were living in the carton box, waiting for her to visit them again. The time that pasted by, the cities that she visited, now can all be touched by her hands. The people that she hasn’t seen for many years, the songs that she loves in her childhood, it doesn’t matter that the colour had faded away as she wouldn’t lose them. These items had enabled her to visit these experiences once more.  The farewell present that her boyfriend gave her, the art piece that she bought in Germany, the train ticket from Kyoto are all in the box. Time had passed without us noticing and she doesn’t want to lose all these minor memories. The dreams that she had, the pains that she had, all are now living in this carton box. She now opened this dusty carton box and thinking about her past; all of these memories can be touch by her hands. Although the colour had faded a bit, but she will not lose them, and they will bring her back in time.

A few days ago I was cleaning my room and this is exactly what I feel. Recently, I don’t know what got into me, but I feel very unhappy all the time, feel very angry at pretty much everything. Partly, I was blaming that on my childhood, I was fill with these unhappy memories. For some reason all I think of was these painful memories in my childhood, how my mum make me study when everyone was playing, how I always not be able to do the stuff that I wanted to do. But when I was cleaning my room, I found all these toys; toys that I haven’t touch for years and I have almost forgot that I got them. Looking at them and touching them, I remember I used to loves these toys and I realised how lucky I was to have all these toys. I found boxes of toys and they are expensive toys even in today standard. Suddenly, the joy hit me, I remember the joyful feeling when I was playing them. I was cleaning my room in hope to get more space and I thought I was going to clean out these toys (which I didn’t expected this many) and gave them to my newborn nephew (although he is too young to play any of them). But now, looking at these toys, I really can’t decide whether I can give it to him as I am so emotionally attached to these toys. Anyways I hope you will like the song.

19th Mar 2013 (喜歡戀愛 – Candy Lo)


紙皮箱 – Candy Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment