Tuesday, April 19, 2016

19th Apr 2016 (鋼鐵是怎樣煉成的 – Denise Ho)

The song for today is “鋼鐵是怎樣煉成的” by Denise Ho. This is a reader request from a while back. Sorry that it took me so long to write this as I am losing track of your requests (a song request page is on it ways :) along with the long promised artist list, it is much more work then I initially anticipated. The label version should be ready soon, then it will be upgraded to the page version :D So keep an eye out on the right hand side in the next week or two :D) Anyway, back to the song, the direct English translation of the title is “How was steel forged”.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist felt that she got so strong that people around her are scared to approach her and not able to trough her outer steel protective layer. She said: “Melt me from the beginning to get me away from my believe of bring troubles, forging a brighter and more beautiful me. After the cold water, got to wait for a long time. After each shock, I become stronger. The hardest is the fight of words, how I should put on my armour to fight against words. Really this steel helmet, getting thicker everyday. At the end, making it hard for me to even stand. I am hurt in the inside, but as a strong person, how could I rest. I have transformed into steel, but I have never won. No one would remember at night. I wanted to be as brittle as ceramic. The easily broken heart, just like glass. I become steel, standing still fighting hard. Becoming the biggest contrast. If I can be like a normal human, having the luck to have love, then I wouldn’t need this steel arm. If I can be so strong that even lonely got scared, how many time I have to cry to build this forever body? I am able to kill off an army troop, but now I realised that my past was like water. I am so strong that now I couldn’t go back. Sadly, I felt that I couldn’t control it. I grew to a point that even I drop I wouldn’t break. But I am trapped inside my body, no one came, couldn’t get out. I have transformed into steel, but I have never won. No one would remember at night. I wanted to be as brittle as ceramic. The easily broken heart, just like glass. I become steel, standing still fighting hard. Becoming the biggest contrast. If I can be like a normal human, having the luck to have love, then I wouldn’t need to use this sharp weapon in my hand. I have become steel, but for who? I only realise when there is no road ahead. I wanted to be as brittle as ceramic, so white and flawless, as beautiful as a flower vase. I have become steel and everyday I landed in the war field. No more happiness or sadness on my face. If I could be in love, slowly. Let me use the real me to love you. I will want to live and scare to die.” Hope you will like the song.



鋼鐵是怎樣煉成的 – Denise Ho

4 comments:

  1. thanks! excited to see the new changes in this website! Are you using a script to generate your artists link pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :)

      Sadly no :( I am not too good with this website business (if I had spent time actually learning the functions of Blogger, I guess I would have saved myself a lot of time lol) I am going to do it manually, so it will takes some time. That’s partly the reason why I decided to finally put label/tag for each post, so that I could easily filtered each artist by a click of a button, which hopefully could speed up the artist link pages creation. It will also serve as a temporary solution for the artist link :)

      Delete
  2. adding labels is good enough already, that's alot of work already considering you have many posts with different artists =). Once you get that you can use some javascript to bring up specific labels. If not you can change your layout like this 'http://wishfuldr34mer.blogspot.ca/' on the right you can see that they have an artists list, thats using the labels, as you can see the display is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. The way that it displays the artist label somewhat achieved that I wanted with the artist link page. I just looked at some of the dynamic views template on Blogger, some of them are simple and elegant :D But I find that they are not too user friendly. It feels a bit hard to navigate around. It is a good starting point though, certainly a good way to modernised my blog (currently it felt like it is something from the early 2000 lol)

      Delete