Wednesday, April 13, 2016

13th Apr 2016 (銷魂 – Amanda Lee)

The song for today is “銷魂” by Amanda Lee. I personally quite like Amanda Lee. Probably not many people remember, back in the 90’s Amanda and Sammi were direct competitor, fighting for the crown for the Queen of Canton Pop. At the end, Sammi become more popular and Amanda slowly faded away. At some point she damaged her vocal cords, so her voice is much much deeper and unclear comparing to her 90’s voice. But anyhow, she is still a very good singer. This song was released around 2 years ago. The closest English translation of the title is “Ecstasy”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The protagonist said: “Allow me to be sleep worry free tonight. As love made me tired. Buried into the ground to sleep worried free, not to think of who I should revenge. Allow me to be sleep worry free tonight, as all my tears have dried up. Never intended to planned again, just waiting for the day when the thunder arrive. The sins that was attracted when I fallen in love with you, it is like I will never be forgiven. Just let this heart slowly aged, never chase it back when it leaves. Why life carried so many hate. Hatred is blocking my future. Rather put down the knife and get rid of the old people, and never bother with the things happening again. Rather buried all the anger when they are fresh; reborn and get back on track again. From now on, pretend that I was dead since yesterday. Smile when I go to the funeral. Allow me to be sleep worry free tonight, as this life is rather tired. The type that couldn’t let go when it ended, the good ending never followed. The sins that was attracted when I fallen in love with you, it is like I will never be forgiven. Just let this heart slowly aged, never chase after it when I reincarnated. Why life carried so many hate. Hatred is blocking my future. Rather put down the knife and get rid of the old people, use the courage to calm down the broken heart. The things that got buried are only the unlucky things. Tomorrow, I will be back on track. From then, I will sing that I have been dead yesterday. I have already been to the funeral of the nightmare, rub away the footprint from the past.” Hope you will like this song.



銷魂 – Amanda Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment