Saturday, April 23, 2016

23rd Apr 2016 (女人的弱點 – Sally Yip/You are free – CHAGE and ASKA)

The song for today is “女人的弱點” by Sally Yip. This is a reader request. This song was a theme song for a movie, it is also the Cantonese cover version of “You are free” by a Japanese singing group CHAGE and ASKA. The English translation of Sally’s cover version is “Woman’s weakness”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The protagonist said: “After saying goodbye with you I need to live my life again. But for some reason, I keep thinking of every day in the past. We have gone our separate, yet why still mount of the past? Can’t believe that we have been apart, still wishes that I could see you if I turn around. You see me again, called me again, fallen in love with you again. Clear in my heart, known beforehand that this love will be more difficult. But I couldn’t cut it, no matter who arrive, it will be messy. Who want it to last forever, just think about it after fallen in love, even that this life might only have bitter love. So loving you too deeply have already become an extreme. It is hard to use logic to solve the problem. So every woman has a weak point. Wanted to resist but got a soft heart. You see me again, called me again, fallen in love with you again. Clear in my heart, known beforehand that this love will be more difficult. Why in such a big world, I am tangled up with you? Felt that everything is changing, but only my heart still doesn’t know when to give up. You once said that fallen in love with you is like fallen into a fire pit. Today we are together, tomorrow we separated, as you got your love. But I couldn’t cut it, no matter who arrive, it will be messy. Who want it to last forever, just think about it after fallen in love, even that this life might only have bitter love. Meeting you again tonight, best not to talk about tomorrow. Perhaps it is my fault, loving you too deeply is my weakness. With you tonight, I treat it as if it is forever, as everything is like a dream. Love me, love me, hug this relation.” Hope you will like the song. As usual, I have linked to the original Japanese version as well.


女人的弱點 – Sally Yip

You are free – CHAGE and ASKA

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SvdiQ1s4Ns

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SvdiQ1s4Ns

    ReplyDelete