Monday, August 20, 2012

20th Aug 2012 (17歲 – Andy Lau)

The song that I chose today is “17” by Andy Lau. Like I have mentioned in my earlier post, Andy Lau is one of the “Kings of Canton Pop” in Hong Kong (though not many people refer to them through this name). Personally, I don’t like Andy too much, but this is one of the songs from Andy that I like. The direct translation of the title is “17 years old”.

The lyrics are basically an autobiography of Andy. This song started from Andy being 17 years, and told us that he went to the actor training in TVB. Then when he became 29, he already got lots of fans and they were all very excited when he sings. At the end of the song, it said he is now 40 (this song came out in 2003 I think, so he should be around 50 by now), some of his famous songs are no longer a classic, but they will remain in our heart and never change.

This song is truly a song for his fans. Although I am not his fans, but I do like the way that this song talks about his feeling being a star and the different chances that he had that make the Andy today. Hope you will like this song as well.
17 – Andy Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment