Tuesday, August 21, 2012

21st Aug 2012 (Stars – Grace Potter & The Nocturnals)


The song that I chose for today is “Stars” by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals. I came across this song on YouTube a few hours after I posted for yesterday. This was the first time I have ever listened to Grace Potter & The Nocturnals’ song and I am loving it. I can’t stop myself from playing this song over and over again. Listening to this song make me feel a bit I have released some of my anger and sorrow. It really had been long since I had this feeling for a song, I think the last time was around 3 years ago, it was Lady Gaga's Paparazzi. I am really loving this song, and it have to be one of my favourites in 2012.

The lyrics of this song are very simple. It is about misses someone. The song start of saying the protagonist lit a fire to burn the body of her love one. Following the ashes, she remembers the times that they spent with each other. She remembered how they used to look up the sky and dreamed about their future. She can’t look at the stars now, because looking at the stars reminded her that her love one had passed away, he is now so far away that she can’t reach him, just like the stars. I hope you will enjoy this song as much as I do.

Stars – Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

No comments:

Post a Comment