Sunday, November 9, 2014

9th Nov 2014 (相逢何必曾相識 – Ram Chiang and Rita Carpio)

The song for today is “相逢何必曾相識” by Ram Chiang and Rita Carpio (韋綺珊). This song is getting a lot of attention recently due to the TV drama “Come on, Cousin” (老表,你好Hea). This song was very popular in the early 90’s, but despite its popularity, Ram’s music career didn’t quite take off. While Ram produced many popular songs during his rather short music career, those songs for some reason didn’t make him very famous, and partly because of this he decided to move on to acting. Anyway back to the song, the English translation of the title is “If we have met, there isn’t a need to know each other.”

The lyrics of the song are about love. As this is a duet, I would represent Ram’s lines by “M:”, Rita’s by “F:” and when they sing together, “T:”. As the lyrics repeat quite a lot, so I wouldn’t go through all the repeated lines. F: I believe in love, but also believe in losing love. At this point in our time, how many guys are crazy about love? Know each other, then fallen in love, then suspect each other, all I wanted is to love naturally. M: I scare about love and I worry that I will never be loved. How many girls are crazy about love in this world? Got to know each other, then spent time together and then hurt each other. I am board by fate, I don’t want to fall in love casually. F: We are people with the same idea and in the same situation, walking in this aisle for people who have been hurt. Perhaps you don’t need to know who I am, as there is no need to make you think again. M: We meet, but we don’t need to know each other. We just manage to meet with someone with the same idea, perhaps you don’t need to know who I am, as it is pointless to make you cry again. M: We meet, but we don’t need to know each other. F: Perhaps you don’t need to know who I am. M: Don’t need to know who I am. T: As there is no need to make you cry again. M: For you, please treasure this friendship. F: Perhaps one that, allow me to be in love once more. T: Please keep the promise tonight for the future, so that it could create a love legend. Hope you will like the song.

Other Ram related posts:

Other Rita related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment