Monday, April 20, 2015

20th Apr 2015 (3-7-20-1 – Gary Chaw)

The song for today is “3-7-20-1” by Gary Chaw (曹格). Gary is a Malaysian singer that make his name in Taiwan. This is a song released in 2007. The title actually got a meaning, it pronounced as “three seven twenty one”, which is a multiplication. But in Chinese we also say “不管3-7-20-1” (which is also part of the lyrics of the song), directly meaning “Don’t care three seven twenty one”, what it actually means is don’t care no matter what.

The lyrics of the song are about music. The protagonist said: “ my night life in Taipei is that type. Didn’t have time to make Oolong tea, but specifically make music. Melody are all surrounding, and I felt touched. Don’t close my ears, just leave me alone. One after another, different modified cars just passes by. Beautiful cars and beauty ladies, bump bump bump. La si do re do la la la, I cleared my throat, preparing to be connected to the world. I don’t want to run away, I just wanna play. Don’t care 3-7-20-1, I will just flow with the feeling. I don’t want to run away, I just wanna feel. Get rid of 3-7-20-1, I need to progress. Taipei my new friends, use music to say hello. I will not be a party animal, but will still be high. Feeling are jumping between my fingers, and I couldn’t control it. Don’t come to try to lock me down, just leave me alone”. Hope you will like the song.

Related posts:

3-7-20-1 – Gary Chaw



No comments:

Post a Comment