Monday, July 18, 2016

18th Jul 2016 (如果可以再見你 – Leon Lai)

The song for today is “如果可以再見你” by Leon Lai. This is a reader request. Typical to older Leon’s popular song, this song was also a song used for Hutchison TV ad. The company and Leon had a very long working relationship, though in recent years, ads like these don’t seems to happen anymore. These ads are typically very high budget, so when they were out, you would see them everywhere. They occasionally play the full length on TV (something like a few minutes) and they typically have a story. They would also have full page ads on newspaper. For the ad of this song, there is a punchline and it was “Just to say hi”. To date, many people still remember the punch line. The direct English translation of the title is “If I can see you again”.

Like many of the other telecom ads songs, the lyrics of this song are about connecting people. The protagonist said: “Wish that you deep and shallow eye emotions to flow through the high and low temperature, then it would understand saying goodbye is like searching the footprint in a deep sea. Facing a corner of an iceberg, seeing clearly the person who is with me. Then I realised the ending is breathtaking. On the way, the ground is not solid hard, never have been this difficult. Then I realised I have been to the coldest dawn. If I turn my head around and couldn’t see you, even if I have strength to walk away from the unfamiliar road, no need to be shaken. Worry about the bad weather, worry that my tears will drop again, but I will never to smile for you. If I turn my head around and couldn’t see you, I only need to see that I once hold your hand on this road. This is my biggest reward and my last reason. It is enough for me to walk out from the deep valley and to be in love with the starry sky again. Forget about the cloud on the sky. Forgot about the light that was turned on when I got home. Then I understand that good bye could turn the white flower dark. Following every minute and second, it awoken the morning. Then I realised the sound of you kisses me good bye. Never was so attracted, the feeling of good bye. I still believe that I have got better fulfilment. If I turn my head around and couldn’t see you, even if I have strength to walk away from the unfamiliar road, no need to be shaken. Worry about the bad weather, worry that my tears will drop again, but I will never to smile for you. If I turn my head around and couldn’t see you, I only need to see that I once hold your hand on this road. This is my biggest reward and my last reason. It is enough for me to walk out from the deep valley and to be in love with the starry sky again.” Hope you will like the song.



如果可以再見你 – Leon Lai

No comments:

Post a Comment