Tuesday, July 5, 2016

5th Jul 2016 (一夜城 – Ken Hung / Kani)

The song for today is “一夜城” by Ken Hung. I haven’t heard this song until a few days ago. After I found Kani’s latest song the other day, I noticed that she have also sung a cover version of “ 一夜城”, so I decided to talk about it today. Personally, I like Kani’s version more than Ken’s, as Kani’s version got more emotion in it. But both versions are great. The direct English translation of the title is “One-night city”.

The lyrics of the song gave a sense of isolation. It is about how a love relationship could means a lot to us when we are the one involved, but the rest of the city feels nothing. The protagonist said: “Once again bite up the sedatives. So tired that I want to give up my body. But I know that in the work place, crying is a crime. After work, I am trapped in the city. If I cry, who would understand this weak person. You have already pull yourself away, and moved the crowd away, feeling even more empty when I am surrounded by this busy environment. Who have been evaporated each day in the city? Who got left behind? So many main roads, but I am stuck here. Relationship, turned into a process in my body. Wanted to cry but why there isn’t any tears? Who can I hug this moment? And who will I say goodbye to tomorrow? All these buildings, witnesses so many meet up and break up. The pair of watch that we had, now is in another person hands.  There are a millions pair of lover in the metro train, but not many of them can be together to the age of eighty. You, me and him have been drunk by the neon light, where will we be? Who have been evaporated each day in the city? Who got left behind? Hard to escape the loneliness, but I still join this party. I can only whine with friends from time to time. Laugh a few times then suddenly cry. Who is sighing that they have just lost someone, then suddenly meet another. Breakup and meet up, I am so tired from running. Walked pass the expensive shops street, and left behind some homeless to get drunk. Still got a car, lights and a lonely fortress.” Hope you will like the song.

Other Ken’s related posts:
4th Aug 2016 (愛 無膽 – Ken Hung)

Other Kani’s related posts:

一夜城 – Ken Hung



一夜城 – Kani

No comments:

Post a Comment