Thursday, July 21, 2016

21st Jul 2016 (今天夜裡總下雨 – Priscilla Chan / Lullaby – Yosefa Dahari)

The song for today is “今天夜裡總下雨” by Priscilla Chan. This song is the Cantonese cover version of “Lullaby” by Yosefa Dahari. The direct English translation of Priscilla’s version is “Tonight always rain”.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist being betrayed by her best friend, with the best friend falling in love with her boyfriend. She said: “We were once best friend and it will never change. With our unlimited truthfulness, it gives our life meaning. When we were apart back then, I remembered that I didn’t have many true friends. I said that we should meet again soon so that we can open our hearts again. Remembered the Christmas tree during high school, we were reading books together on the hill. We talked about our past love relationships, holding hands with our bitter smile, staying under to umbrella to avoid rain. You were board, and you happened to meet my boyfriend with calm. It was his voice that make your heart and soul to resonate. Why it was like you suddenly forget that there are many truth friends. But you decided to put this plot to play; arrived today is a letter that you wish for my forgiveness. Why you were attracted by his eyes? Why you dare to break my heart? You said that you wish I could leave my past behind. Do you know that tonight always rain? I was overseas alone, always had questions at midnight. If you were lost, were you treating him as your lover or you just wanted to be wild? Why it was like you suddenly forget that there are many truth friends. But you decided to put this plot to play; arrived today is a letter that you wish for my forgiveness. Why you were attracted by his eyes? Why you dare to break my heart? You said that you wish I could leave my past behind. Do you know that tonight always rain?  You said that you wish I could leave my past behind. Do you know that tonight always rain?” Hope you will like the song.

Related posts:
19th Mar 2015 (傻女的新衣 – Priscilla Chan/La Loca – María Conchita Alonso)

今天夜裡總下雨 – Priscilla Chan


Lullaby – Yosefa Dahari



No comments:

Post a Comment