Friday, July 1, 2016

1st Jul 2016 (與我常在 – Eason Chan)

The song for today is “與我常在” by Eason Chan. This is a reader request and it is one of Eason’s classic songs. This is a song that pretty much every time Eason have a concert he will sing. The direct English translation of the title is “Always with me”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The protagonist said: “Being together to watch every movie. Being together to breath every breath of air. Then taste the flavour of ageing together. Holding onto you every minute. There isn’t a second that you are not with me. We will even hold hands to experience birth and death. Sitting down or laying down, we will always share. Day and night we will thing for each other. Standing and staring, we will share. And in the dream I discovered the truth. Unless you are me, otherwise you can’t be always be with me. A person, discovered love from a mirror. Unless you are me, then we could be together day and night. Couldn’t love, then steal love and hate from tiredness. Working together with you, searching together with you. Two people, the happiness of being occupied. Every minute spending with you, there isn’t a second that I am not on your side. And we will hold hands to gaze at the darkness and light of the sky. Sitting down or laying down, we will always share. Day and night we will thing for each other. Standing and staring, we will share. And in the dream I discovered the truth. Unless you are me, otherwise you can’t be always be with me. A person, discovered love from a mirror. Unless you are me, then we could be together day and night. Couldn’t love, then steal love and hate from tiredness. Together, how beautiful it gets? Together, there will also be bads. With a person, together to the end is not by luck.”

I don’t usually go deep into explaining the meaning of the song as I believe that every person could interpret the lyrics differently and there is no right or wrong interpretation. (And let’s face it, not every song has that deep underneath meaning lol). But since, I have been asked to give my view of the lyrics, I will give my view for this song. I have deliberately put this after the usual translation so that if you wanted to skip this you can (because once you have read it, it will probably block you from thinking it from a different perspective). So here it is :) I think that the song is about a person who spent a lot of time with his love interest. While on the surface they look to be very happy, always spending time together, sometime, the protagonist feels that there is something missing. So he thinks and think, and he come to the conclusion that unless his love interest is the very same person as he is, otherwise it is unavoidable to have this lacking feeling. Then it comes to the most important message of the lyrics: Together, how beautiful it gets (in a positive way, so not questioning it). Together, there will also be the bads. With a person, together to the end is not by luck. So basically telling us that there will be many beautiful things happen when they are together, but don’t forget, there will also be bad things. You will need to learn to accept them. So being together with you love one is not just by love, but also by working together and understanding each other.

Hope you enjoyed the song.


與我常在 – Eason Chan



4 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny,
    First of all, Thanks for your translating. I thought you will summarise this song in a few sentences in the beginning of this blog, but you made a whole story of it. I think I understand this song better with your explaining. So Thanks!!

    Leon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Leon, I enjoy doing it. I think it is a good idea to share my though on the song from time to time :)

      Delete
    2. Fine to hear you enjoyed doing it, it makes me at ease. Anyway, Thanks again!

      Leon

      Delete
  2. Great song, thx for the translation and the extra interpretation

    ReplyDelete