Sunday, September 7, 2014

7th Sep 2014 (親朋勿友 – Stephy Tang and Theresa Fu/Stephy Tang)

The song for today is “親朋勿友” by Stephy Tang and Theresa Fu. This song was released when the two were still in the singing called Cookies. This song is a reader request. Personally I am not a big fan of Stephy and Teresa, but typically, their duets (either between themselves, or one of them with another person) are quite good and popular. The direct English translation of the title is “Close friend, not friend”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The line sung by Stephy will be shown by “S:”, Theresa by “T:” and when they sing together “B:”. S: Me and him become friend once again, so it is alright to meet up with him. I trusted her, but I couldn’t believe that the relationship has ended. T: I am glade that we finally got the chance to meet again. If you haven’t fallen in love with him then please don’t have dinner. If I haven’t gone crazy yet, I guess I will soon. S: Why don’t you leave with him but waited for me to say that we had broken up and see your ‘best friend’. Even blind people could see that you two have something going on, so how could I compared to you? T: So who tried to separated you tow? I asked myself that I am able to not see him again, but every night there is voice messages left on my mobile. B: If I haven’t found out, you wouldn’t cut him off. T: Me and him are just friends, I thought we had sorted this out yesterday. I don’t love him, we could each hold an ice pole and eat it in winter. S: If we will be separated, we will be separated. But please don’t act lite you don’t care at all. Even if I haven’t given up, I will have to give up. T: Why don’t you leave with him but waited for me to say that we had broken up and see your ‘best friend’. Even blind people could see that you two have something going on, so how could I compared to you? S: So who tried to separated you tow? I asked myself that I am able to not see him again, but every night there is voice messages left on my mobile. B: If I haven’t found out, you wouldn’t cut him off. T: Please give me back justice, as I already got bad luck in love. S: If you still treat me as a good friend, could you stop for me now? B: Why don’t you leave with him but waited for me to say that we had broken up and see your ‘best friend’. Even blind people could see that you two have something going on, so how could I compared to you? So who tried to separated you tow? I asked myself that I am able to not see him again, but every night there is voice messages left on my mobile. If I haven’t found out, you wouldn’t cut him off. S: I see that he haven’t committed anything bad yet, so why will I destroy your relationship? Not loving him, but why do I feel that even my lips feel ashamed. T: If you have separated with him, then why am I jealous? If we are such a good friend and he is irreplaceable. B: Then I wouldn’t stop you.

There is also a Stephy solo version of this song, the lyrics are slightly different. I have also linked to that for comparison. Hope you will enjoy the song.


親朋勿友 – Stephy Tang and Theresa Fu


親朋勿友 – Stephy Tang

1 comment: