Saturday, December 19, 2015

19th Dec 2015 (燈火欄柵處 – William So)

The song for today is “燈火欄柵處” William So. This is a reader request. The title is a bit hard to translate as it is an old Chinese phase that what it means directly is different to it actual meaning. Directly, the title translated as “Low light place”. But what it actually means is that it is a place close by that we have been neglecting all the time. It is part of a poem “眾裡尋他千百度,驀然回首,那人正在燈火闌珊處。” meaning “Searching for him everywhere, turned back, and that person is in that place close by”.

The lyrics of the song is an elaboration of the poem. The protagonist said: “Never have been colourful, getting to meet is just fate. People that I meet, sadly non got to know well. Those that surround me, don’t really care much about me. Today, it looks like that I had gain so much, but I have actually lost more. At the dim place, she smiles without a word. Whether there is no fate or at the end we managed to meet, it is still an unknown yet. Never know that it was so close. The love that built up, suddenly flooded. Never knew, it was just like a normal friend, but just at this moment, suddenly know what it means. I am angry, because it felt like I regret. I searched everywhere but never found anyone that wanted to get close to me. But I never heard of it, love perhaps aren’t far away, close to me but I never knew.” Hope you will like the song.

4th Dec 2015 (從來未發生 – William So)


燈火欄柵處 – William So

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sunny. Interesting that this song was elaboration of a poem. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete