Saturday, December 5, 2015

5th Dec 2015 (彌敦道 – Ken Hung)

The song for today is “彌敦道” by Ken Hung. Although this song is not very popular, but it is one of Ken’s more popular songs. I personally quite like it. The direct English translation of the title is “Nathan Road”.

Nathan Road is one of the major roads in Hong Kong, it goes through number districts, and it is busy very much all the time. The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist walking along this street, thinking of the time that himself and his ex-girlfriend spent on this road. He said: “There are too many people and cars arounds. A busy road with a beautiful scene. Scare to wait so long for public transport. Wait in line and also bring an umbrella. Walked pass Sino plaza (a rather famous shopping complex located on the street) the heavy rain started. Following the long line but don’t want to get closer. Rubbed shoulder, then realised it was a familiar face. Silently gazed at each other for a few seconds. We also greeted at each other. Then we said goodbye, just like the time when we first meet again that day. So many past memories making my heart sweet. But the night rain touches these memories, making me sad. Gazing at her outline, knowing that she could no longer be mine. I never thought that I will have to hopelessly see her walk away. The word “breakup” didn’t leave behind any love. The voice that was hurt by love, is now become the past. If love is not stir, nothing would be enough. At the end, this memories ended.  Focusing on the distance view outside the car. So many noisy people out there. But I got lost, chasing the footprint, but without fate to guide me. If the ending could be change, I would treat her better, be closer to her. Meeting again and divided again, is cruel, but is a bit short. The sour memories stayed in my heart. But the night rain touches these memories, making me sad. Gazing at her outline, knowing that she could no longer be mine, I will never hopelessly see her walk away again. Even we had departed, but I will still wait. But my sad voice had already become the past. f love is not stir, nothing would be enough. At the end, this memories ended. There are too many people and cars arounds. A busy road with a beautiful scene. Scare to wait so long after work, it will still not be enough.” Hope you will like the song.



彌敦道 – Ken Hung

No comments:

Post a Comment