Friday, July 18, 2014

18th July 2014 (其實心裡有沒有我 – Sammi Cheng and Andy Hui)

The song for today is “其實心裡有沒有我” by Sammi Cheng and Andy Hui, a song from 1991. This is a request from a reader of this blog. This song is very interesting as it mark the start of the relation between Sammi and Andy, after this song their relationship started to surface. Although they broke up for a few years, they are now back together and surprisingly their relationship have always been accepted by most of their fans (this is quite rare I think especially in the 80’s and 90’s when most fans see their idols as their partner). The direct English translation of the title is “Am I really in your heart”.

The lyrics of the song are about love, this song is a bit tricky to translate as half of the time the two sing together but with different lyrics, so hopefully I can still capture the meaning of the song. I am going to mark Andy’s lyrics by “M”, Sammi’s by “F” and when they sing together “T”. M: If I fall in love with you how could I hide; dreamed about your smile. If I dreamed about you every day secretly, does this count as stupid? F: A fire is lit from this heart, but do you understand me? Time is flying by everyday slowly, who would wanted to remember me every second? T: Wish that you would let me to get closer to you. M: Who would have thought that love is so unpredictable. T: Wow Oh No. M: In the long night, little stars, just like you passed by my window. F: In the long night, I need to transform into one of those stars in your eyes. M: Looking at you, you shine and brighten my heart. F: Let you every night to stare at me. M: Let me once again think about the beginning. F: Is me who love you more. M: Did you loved me a bit? F: That’s why I dreamed of you every day. M: Why it is never too clear F: whether you got me in your heart. Hope you will enjoy this song.


30th Nov 2012 (一步一生 – Andy Hui)



其實心裡有沒有我 – Sammi Cheng and Andy Hui

1 comment: