Monday, July 7, 2014

7th July 2014 (把悲傷看透時 – Priscilla Chan)

The song that I chose for today is “把悲傷看透時” by Priscilla Chan. Priscilla is one of my favourite singers. She recently had a concert in Hong Kong, but sadly I was not in Hong Kong during that time so I missed it. This song was from 2003, from one of her lesser known album “情意結”. When that album first came out in 2003, I wasn’t really a fans of Priscilla’s song, so I didn’t bought it. A few years down the track, one day, I suddenly wanted to listened to the songs that I grow up with and realised that so many of the songs that I liked were sung by Priscilla. That’s started my collection of Priscilla’s albums. Currently I am only a few albums away from collecting all her albums (but they are ultra hard to find….). This album “情意結” were one of them as it was produced at a time when she wasn’t too popular, so hard core fans will probably wouldn’t sell it and others who doesn’t like her too much wouldn’t bought it in the first place. Lucky, late last year, the music company decided to reissue the album. Although it is selling at a higher price as they now turn it into 24 Gold version for better sound quality, I bought it when I first saw it as it was so hard to find the original version. So after all these years I finally manage to own an actual CD copy of this album 3 weeks ago. Listening to the whole album today, this album is now one of my favourite, I love every song in the album. Anyway, back to the song for today, the direct English translation of the title is “when we can see through sadness”.

The lyrics of the song are the protagonist looking through her feeling after breaking up from a third person perspective.  The lyrics said “it is not odd that that night it started to snow, so that it could stop the blood from her wound. That made her remembers the cruellest moment of her life. That night, he analysed his action in the past few months, all of a sudden he doesn’t want to continue their relationship. Coming back, the view from the train is now reversing. She forgot why she was in the city. The tears that she remembers for life is trapped in her eyes like the water in a lake. But sadly, no matter how much she cries, these tears would get her love one retune to her side. Who said that there was so much work to do? In the busy world, sadness is not allowed. The thing that she worried the most is that she forgets how she managed to fallen to sleep in the past. Don’t mention who she was waking up for. Then she started to not care about him. She even let him know about this. The thing that she remembers for life, at the end is just so dull; just like it would be fine to live without feeling. The saying that she still doesn’t understand is “when seeing through sadness”. In the future, she no longer care who she will spent the rest of her life with.” Hope you will like this song as much as I do.


把悲傷看透時 – Priscilla Chan

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, glad you are back from your vacation so you can post more =)

    Do you think you can translate this song from Andy Lau? It's a personal favourite.
    一生一次

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete