Saturday, January 10, 2015

10th Jan 2015 (偶遇 – Samantha Lam)

The song for today is “偶遇” by Samantha Lam. While this is not the first song that come up to my mind when I think of Samantha, this song is considered as Samantha most famous song. It was a theme song for a movie. The English translation of the title is “Encountered”.

The lyrics of the song are about love, the protagonist is enjoying her memories when she thinks of him. She said, wind was blow with a smile. They encountered in the cloud, and she can’t forget him from that day. Even now, she still enjoys this encountered memory. Her heart is casted by the shadow of the smile. Every day she thought about that attractive moment. Even if she tries to turn back she couldn’t chase it back. Looking at him comes and goes, it felt like the colour cloud formed and dismissed. When will she be allowed and when will she be able to encounter him again. If in the future she got the chance to see him again, then everything from today all be in the past. It will be like a song, like a poem, worrying that they will not meet again. Hope you will like the song.



偶遇 – Samantha Lam

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny!

    Somehow I found my way to your blog while I was looking up Eason's music. I would like to request Eason's "全世界失眠".

     I actually first heard this song from a radio drama (廣播劇) called, 藍寶石的天空. The past 2 days I've been thinking a lot about the past, and remembered this radio drama. I thought I would never be able to listen to it again, but I was able to find it. This radio drama holds a lot of precious memories for me.

    I've spent most of my evening reading your posts from the very beginning. I still have 1/2 of 2013 and the rest of 2014 to go through.
    Sorry for all my gibberish! I just want you to know that I really enjoy reading your posts. You seem to be very young, but you have such great knowledge and taste in music. I sometimes feel like the only young person who loves the old stuff. :(

    Anyways, you've inspired me to make my own music blog too. Please continue with your blog!

    Miss C

    P.S. can you tell me where I can listen to radio dramas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually its 藍寶石的夜空

      Delete
    2. Hi Miss C, I am happy to hear that you enjoy reading my blog :D

      From your message, “全世界失眠” seems to be a very important song to you, so I have just written a post on it such that you can enjoy it as soon as you like (You can get to it through this url: http://scasongaday.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/11th-jan-2015-eason-chan.html). While I have listened to”藍寶石的夜空” a while back, I never really finished listening to it, so I might not be able to fully capture the feeling of the song that was depicted in the radio drama, but I hope my translation didn’t destroy your feeling toward the song.

      As for the radio dramas, most of the one that I listen to were made by 903. I think all of the radio dramas made by them can be access by becoming a pay member at 881903.com. The one that I love the most out of all those I have listened to is “黃金少年”. It got 4 seasons and each season got around 30 episodes, so it takes a long time to go through them all. Personally I like Season 3 the best.

      And don’t worry about writing long message on my blog :D I don’t find them to be gibberish. I guess many of us these days focus so much on our day-to-day life, worrying about work, study, money, being successful and family issues, but forgot our own selves and needs. I think that from time to time we got to find our soul back, to stop for a while and think about our inner need, which then will in turn become our fuel to chase after our goal and purpose in life.

      While I would love to pretend to be young :p I am actually not that young. Being born in the mid 80’s, the time when Cantonese music was at its peak, I was able to listen to a many different popular songs. I guess I also need to give credit to my mum, as she was the person that listens to these songs through radio during my childhood. People say music is a universal language and I agree with it as a lot of my childhood memories are tight with these songs. Anyway, I think I better end this message before it become a book :p Hope you will enjoy reading the rest of my blog :D

      Delete