Saturday, January 17, 2015

17th Jan 2015 (傷追人 – Leo Ku/Justin Lo/Jacky Cheung)

The song for today is “傷追人” by Leo Ku, this is a reader request. About this song, there are a number of versions. Firstly, there is Justin Lo English demo version. Justin was the one who wrote the melody, so in his demo, he also filled it in with English lyrics. Jacky Cheung had also covered this song in his concert “活出生命Live演唱會”. Maybe a bit off topic, but in that concert, Jacky sung many songs that were by other singer. Back at the time of the concert, “小城大事” (by Miriam Yeung) was very popular. Many considered Jacky’s version of “小城大事” as the best version of this song, and so some hate was created when Leon Lai sung his version of “小城大事”. Anyway, back to “傷追人”, the title translated as “Injury chases people”. (Note that this song was sung also by many other singers, but I will not talk about all of them here)

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist is breaking up with his girlfriend/wife, but in that process, she bought along her new boyfriend to help her pack things up. The protagonist said: “I could have called 999 (999 is the emergency number in Hong Kong) for help, but sadly you weren’t holding a knife to hurt me. So what am I scared of? For their separation, I got no choice but to get you to stay and discuss, but who would have thought that you forced him to accompany you. It felt like you slapped me. I know, computer, magazines, old letters, photos, passports and a microwave, I own you that much. But asking him for help is so cruel. You tried to make me appreciate how he makes fun of me? The most I can do is to temporally pretend that my body is not mine, numbly accepting your last heavy hit. What to worry about? I denial yelling at my opponent. So injury knows how to chase people, no need for me to hide. Perhaps he is so perfect that you don’t need to show off, but his actions costs my life even after my survival from our breakup, I rather not to see you again. You, made fun of me, yelled at me, dragged me in, blamed me, told me off and questioned me for everything, and it is all over now. All I wanted is to pray for my fate, but you still managed to figure out a new way to injure me. The most I can do is to temporally pretend that my body is not mine, numbly accepting your last heavy hit. What to worry about? I denial yelling at my opponent. The wound had already forget about me and it is now clear enough that we are separated. Hope you will like the song. I have also linked to Justin’s demo version and Jacky’s version below.



Other Justin Lo related posts:
8th Apr 2015 (走音 – Justin Lo)


25th Dec 2014 (Merry Christmas I Love You – Jacky Cheung/不思议で素敌なクリスマス – Hiroshi Sugita (杉田裕))
16th Nov 2014 (明日世界終結時 – Jacky Cheung)



傷追人 – Leo Ku


傷追人 (English Demo) – Justin Lo



傷追人 – Jacky Cheung

1 comment: