Sunday, January 18, 2015

18th Jan 2015 (怎麼捨得你 – Jacky Cheung)

The song for today is “怎麼捨得你” by Jacky Cheung. This was one of the song from Jacky’s play “雪狼湖” majority of the songs from that play are very famous. The title is a bit hard to translate as there is translate as there is no direct translate for the phase “捨得”, the closest that I could translate it to is “How could I not regret of letting you go”.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist thinking of a girl that he likes but he feels that he will never be able to be with her. He said: “a red smiley face, red dress and a red scarf. Just like a piece of plain white paper, frank and naive. A pair of eyes, as attractive as crystal. The changing dance step, just like flowing cloud. Forgetting you, but I still remember. The more I remember, the harder it is to fall into sleep. Hugging you, but all I hugging is just air. I know that I will never be able to have you, so why do I need to remember? Bit by bit, the memories burn away. These pictures, these sounds, they reignited. How could I not regret to give you up? So just let my gut break and passed away. In love for life, but just off by a bit and now we can’t be together. All I wanted is that one day time will fly. But you didn’t make it. I wish I could forget, but I thought about you again. Relationship and love, they are impossible to change. They weren’t changed, but why we separated? Losing you, I understand why I couldn’t give up. But I still wish you all the best and rather have myself end up like this. Bit by bit, the memories burn away. These pictures, these sounds, they reignited. How could I not regret to give you up? So just let my gut break and passed away. In love for life, but just off by a bit and now we can’t be together. All I wanted is that one day time will fly. But you didn’t make it. I wish I could forget, but I thought about you again.” Hope you will like the song.

25th Dec 2014 (Merry Christmas I Love You – Jacky Cheung/不思议で素敌なクリスマス – Hiroshi Sugita (杉田裕))
16th Nov 2014 (明日世界終結時 – Jacky Cheung)


怎麼捨得你 – Jacky Cheung

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, love this song and your translation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, love this song and your translation ;)

    ReplyDelete