Wednesday, January 14, 2015

14th Jan 2015 (他喜歡的是你 – Gigi Leung)

The song I choose for today is “他喜歡的是你” by Gigi Leung. This is a song from 2001, back then I quite like Gigi’s song and I bought quite a lot of her albums. The English translation of the title is “The person that he likes is you”.

The lyrics of the song are about love, the protagonist is not happy about that no matter what she do, it seems that she just can’t win over his heart. She said: “why even when I tried to be perfect, I still got dump, even when I had putted in a lot of effort. But all this girl did was to wave her hand without effort, and he already becomes hers, making I have no room to make a comeback. If we can be in this together, then I wouldn’t care about what other people said. All I wanted is to be protected by my lover. But the one that I bias for is bias for her. The voting result, it felt like it was predetermined, so how could I compete with her. Even if I am not willing to lose to her, I still have to step down as the person that he loves is her. No matter how hard I tried to act like her, I still can change his heart. Even if I spent my life acting perfectly as her, no one will be accompanying me. She is the person that he wanted to hug and kisses. In danger, he will even let me go to help her out. Why others can, but I couldn’t. So I am born to be not good enough, how could I fix this. If I am like her, pretending to be naïve, perhaps one day he could care for me a few second. Even if I am not willing to lose to her, I still have to step down as the person that he loves is her. No matter how hard I tried to act like her, I still can change his heart. Even if I spent my life acting perfectly as her, no one will be accompanying me. She is the person that he wanted to hug and kisses. The acts that I practiced for the last few night, but at the end she carried out the ending.” Hope you will like the song.



他喜歡的是你 – Gigi Leung

3 comments:

  1. Nice post, a bit sad though but its a good melody. Heard this song by Gigi alot before but didn't' really know the full meaning.

    Do you think you can translate this song for me please? =)

    傷追人 I think by Leo Ku or Jacky Cheung not sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that you like to listen to sad love songs :p You can access the post for “傷追人” here:
      http://scasongaday.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/17th-jan-2015-leo-kujustin-lojacky.html

      Delete
    2. Yes I happen to like sad love songs for some reason. I guess sad songs in general. Maybe it helps me release some emotions, not sure lol

      Delete