Friday, January 16, 2015

16th Jan 2015 (老鼠愛大米 – Qi Wen Wang (王啟文) / Twins)

Since I have talked about the internet singer Timmy Tin yesterday, I think I will continue the internet singer topic today. From my memory the very first Chinese song that got popular from internet was “老鼠愛大米” by Qi Wen Wang (王啟文), which is the song for today. This song appeared in 2004 from mainland China and it created a boom in that year, it got so popular amount the Chinese community. This song got so many cover versions, I guess the most well-known one (at least amount Hong Kong) is by Twins (as Twins was very popular at that time). I think this song got popular because of it simple melody and it repetitive lyrics which makes it so easily to get stuck in your head. I listen to it a fair bit back then, but eventually got sick of it and haven’t listen to it for years. This song also dewed the attention of the general public to internet singer. After  “老鼠愛大米”, in Hong Kong, “他約我去迪士尼” by Kellyjackie got so popular in 2005 (I really like this song, I think that it is timeless. Even today when I listen to it, it still paints a picture in my head). I think she had some disagreement with her manager and didn’t produce any albums after until around a year ago she released a new album. Though I don’t think it sell that well as most people have forgotten about her already. After that, not too many internet singers emerged. Only until recent years, Robynn& Kendy and 龍小菌, both started in 2012. Back to the song for today, the title translate to “Mouse loves rice”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The protagonist said when he heard his lover voice he got a special feeling, it keep him thinking and not dare to forget about her. He remembers that there is this person that always remain in his heart, he wouldn’t mind even if he could only think of her this way. If one day, his love and dream will come true, he will work a lot harder to treat her well and will never change. No matter how far the road is, he will make it happened. He will get close to her ears and tell her that he loves her, just like the way mouse loves rice. No matter how rough the road gets, he will still be with her. He thinks of her no matter how painful it gets. If it will bring her happiness, he will do anything to love her. Hope you will enjoy the song. I have also linked to Twins covered version, though this is their Cantonese covered version, so the lyrics are different.

老鼠愛大米 – Qi Wen Wang (王啟文)


老鼠愛大米 – Twins



No comments:

Post a Comment