Friday, January 30, 2015

30 Jan 2015 (再見亦是朋友 – Sam Tsang (曾航生) and Elaine Ho (何婉盈))

The song for today is “再見亦是朋友” by Sam Tsang (曾航生) and Elaine Ho (何婉盈).This is a reader request. Thanks for suggesting this song, I have completely forgot about it. It was a song from 1992, and it was popular back at that time. The direct English translation of the title is “Still friends after good bye”.

The lyrics of the song are about an affair, the two protagonist are in love, but the male have to leave (while didn’t say explicitly, but it somewhat implied that he is married). I will represent Sam’s line by “S:”, Elaine’s by “E:” and when they sing together “T:”. E: Wish that you could turn around and stay with me. Even it could be wrong, but I still don’t want to let go. I know that we are ended, but I will still wait, all because then you can decide. S: I have seen through the love toward you, but I know that the good dream wouldn’t last. Our relationship is too sad, so I ask for your forgiveness. Not seeing each other is to avoid being ambiguous in the future. E: The long night is cold. Every time I got warm up, crazy love, I resist to let you go. I understand your situation, and I will accept it. But please don’t say that we are still friends after good bye. S: Seeing you in so much pain and I didn’t do anything about it. If I still don’t return home, I couldn’t find another excuse. Looking through your eyes, I understand more. Crazy love, it is not enough to give it all up. E: I will rather be mistreated, and I decided to not give up. True love, we have both waited for a long time. Wishes after wishes, this dream; if it doesn’t disappeared, then I will forever be lost. T: You and I are both in pain, and we couldn’t love more. We have feeling toward each other, and we drink many glasses of wine. S: I wish that I could stay and love you for many more thousand nights. E: I wish you could stay. S: Touching you a hundred times is still not enough. E: Touching me a hundred times is still not enough.

再見亦是朋友 – Sam Tsang (曾航生) and Elaine Ho (何婉盈)

1 comment: