Monday, July 30, 2012

30th Jul 2012 (越吻越傷心 – William So/William So & Kit Chan)

Today’s song is “越吻越傷心” William So. William was once quite popular in the 90’s, but as he didn’t managed to get a ground breaking song in the 00’s in Hong Kong, he move his market to Taiwan and Mainland China. Until recently he started his singing career in Hong Kong again, and it is quite successful at the moment. The song that I chose for today is one of his most popular song back in the 90’s. The English translation of the title is “Kisses more, hurt more”

This song is about a couple is together but their hearts are apart. Through the lyrics, the protagonist asked his girlfriend many questions about their daily life, but his girlfriend just ignored him. At the end he said that he knows that they don’t have feeling for each other anymore, then why border asking so many questions to show that they are far apart. I hope you will enjoy this song.

As a reader requested, here is the translation of the lyrics:
The protagonist said: “I asked you about which clothes will look best on me, but you stare back like as if you are looking at a boring stranger. I asked you which recent movie is refreshing, and in exchange, I get a series of silence as if my jokes are on longer interesting. I asked you whether you would kiss me when I am drunk, but you touch the corner of my lips like a stranger. I asked you whether your eyes looks like you lost your spirit because you are too tired from your work, but then I felt that your were trying to hide your shaking heart from me. The more we kiss the more it hurt, because there really isn’t any more point in asking. I know that a true kiss will feel more real. The more we kiss, the more it hurt. I guess I am mean for still being stupid. I know that our love is no longer as deep as before, but why I still asked about our distance. I see that you are sitting far away from me, so I asked whether you could sit closer, but you felt that it is a stupid question. I asked you whether you think about what kind of lover we are, but in exchange I get a series of silence as if you felted that a long time ago I am no longer attractive. I asked you that night when you see me why your hair was wet, but your face seems to tell me that I asked the wrong question like an idiot. I asked you about the rumour between you and him, but you snicker like you were secretly excited. The more we kiss the more it hurt, because there really isn’t any more point in asking. I know that a true kiss will feel more real. The more we kiss, the more it hurt. I guess I am mean for still being stupid. I know that our love is no longer as deep as before, but why I still try to approach you time after time?”

越吻越傷心 – William So

越吻越傷心 – William So & Kit Chan

2 comments:

  1. This one actually is one of my long time fav. I hope you also could provide the English translation. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, I have just updated the post with the lyrics translated and also linked to the duet version as well. Enjoy :D

      Delete