Thursday, July 19, 2012

19th Jul 2012 (風的季節 – Paula Tsui/Anita Mui)

The song that I chose for today is “風的季節” by Paula Tsui. This song is quite famous back in the days when Paula was popular. I remember I used to laugh so badly when this song was played on TV because I didn’t have a clue what she was trying to say in the music video and all I see her did in the music video was just walking around. The direct English translation of the song is “The season of the wind”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. It talks about how the protagonist didn’t aware the summer has already past until she feels the wind blowing. It passed away just like time. She thinks about the good time that she had and felt sad. She just want the wind to blow her tears and sadness away just like how it blow away summer.

I guess the younger generation have never heard this song, as it came from the early 80’s. What make this song very famous (especially spreading it to younger generation) was that Anita Mui sung this song in a competition, which later she won and became a big star throughout 80’s and 90’s. I have also linked Anita version below, hope you will like this song.


風的季節 – Paula Tsui


風的季節 – Anita Mui


No comments:

Post a Comment