Friday, July 20, 2012

20th Jul 2012 (女人心 – Anita Mui)

The song for today is “女人心” by Anita Mui. After writing the post for yesterday, I realised that I actually haven’t talk about Anita’s songs by themselves. I have posted a few Anita’s songs, but it always came along as an added bonus. So today I have chosen a song by Anita that is not directly related to other songs. Personally this is one of my favourite from Anita. The direct English translation is “Women’s heart”, but in terms of the meaning, it translates closer to “Women’s feeling”. From memory this was a song for a movie.

My understanding of the lyrics is that it is about a woman who married to a man that she love, but yet this marriage was an arranged marriage and the man don’t love her in return so they have to act in front of the guests in their wedding. From Anita voice and her way of expressing her feeling in the song, you can feel that this woman is mentally very strong, which really match with the lyrics of the song. I hope you will enjoy this song.


女人心 – Anita Mui

No comments:

Post a Comment