Sunday, July 22, 2012

21st Jul 2012 (代你發夢 – Candy Lo)

The song that I chose for today is “代你發夢” by Candy Lo. This was from Candy’s “Muse” album from 2000. From memory it was one of the first few albums that I pay from my pocket. Back then it was really the first time I heard Candy’s songs, despite the fact that she have been singing a few years before then. And this was the song that I first heard of from this album. The direct English translation of the title is “Dream for you”, it was a song for an ad. Back then, Candy was with Sony Music, and the ad was for Sony MD player. I guess many people would have forgotten about MD (MiniDisc) player, they were the player that came after CD player. They were first introduced at around 1992, but they didn’t get too popular until late 90’s. I remember this song came out when Sony sell it MZ-N1 MiniDisc player, the first player the can record at a faster speed. However, the glory of MD player didn’t last long as it place was taken over by MP3 player, which is a lot smaller in size and carry lot more music (though usually at lower quality).

As this song was written for an ad, the lyrics is quite hard sell. It heavily related back to MiniDisc player. It basically talks about how the MD player could connect you to the world (i.e. by listening different from the world), it could also mute out noises and let you enjoy your own world.

Not quite sure why I particular like this song, it was because of this song that I bought the album and I remember I keep playing it over and over again. I hope you will enjoy this song as much as I do.


代你發夢 – Candy Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment