Wednesday, October 1, 2014

1st Oct 2014 (講野 – Tat Ming Pair)

The song for today is “講野” Tat Ming Pair. This song came out in 1990. While it is dated, the song is about the contradiction in Hong Kong’s future after 1997, and to date, the topic is still so up to date. Looking back at songs from the 80’s and 90’s, it is amazing to found out that they still manage to describe the current situation in Hong Kong. These lyrics writers were 20 years ahead of time. The direct English translation of the title is “Speak”.

The lyrics of the song, as I said before, are about the political situation of Hong Kong after 1997 (the year when it return to China). The protagonist said: “What I said and what you said is different. What you said, what I said, both got a bit of trash talk. I talk, you yelled, like we are arguing. You talked as well, and I yelled as well, soon we will split. What I said, aren’t bad, like a professional. What you said, nothing is wrong, like a politician. We separated before, but we will eventually see each other again and continue on our unfinished business. Back then I relayed on you, and you pretended to be my saviour. Back then I wanted to go back to you, and you said it is your will to be adjoined. Back then I finally willing to trust you, and you told me that there would be no pain in the future. Hope in the future we could understand each other. Hope in the future that we will be polite for everything. Who would have thought that it would turn out like this? Fundamental, fundamental, really what it is like? How it should have been, how it should have been? Realised, realised how it is now. We should, be more open, talk about what we wanted. We should, be more direct, say what you wanted. Finally, need to be more open on what the two of us wanted. Finally, need to be more direct, what we want in the future. At the beginning, I got no choice but to see you, you wanted to continue our relationship. At the beginning, I got no choice but to relay on you, you pretended to be my saviour. At the beginning, I got no choice but to return to you, you said it is your will to be adjoined. At the beginning, I got no choice but to trust you, you said there would be no pain in the future. Hope in the future that we could trust each other, hope in the future that you wouldn’t care too much. Who would have thought that you would be like this. Fundamental, fundamental, I really don’t know now. How it should have been, how it should have been, the two of us was never a match. Realised, realised that I am not happy now. What I said and what you said is different. What you said, what I said, both got a bit of trash talk. I talk, you yelled, like we are arguing. You talked as well, and I yelled as well, soon we will split. We should, be more open, talk about what we wanted. We should, be more direct, say what you wanted. Finally, need to be more open on what the two of us wanted. Finally, need to be more direct, what we want in the future. Fundamental, fundamental, I really don’t know now. How it should have been, how it should have been, the two of us was never a match. Realised, realised, what could happen next.” Hope you will like the song.



講野 – Tat Ming Pair

No comments:

Post a Comment