Sunday, February 22, 2015

22nd Feb 2015 (重新長大 – Alfred Hui)

The song for today is “重新長大” from Alfred Hui. This is a reader request. It is a song from 2012, from the album “長大”. In the same album there is another song call “青春頌” that I previously had talked about, and it is one of my favourite, and I still listen to it a lot. Anyway back to the song for today, the English translation of the title is “Grow up again”.

The lyrics of the song are about growing up. The protagonist said: “When I was young I passed by my day in a slack manner, never knowing right or wrong. I sigh a lot, collected a lot of anger and often got myself in trouble. No matter how many times I got told off, I still remain as myself. But I worries that being too freely I would start to growth for a bad consequences. I once really wanted to grow up, but sadly time flies. Rushing so quickly, I once made mistake, stepped over the line; been hurt and over exaggerated it. The pain remained in my heart and never solved, never willing to accept failure and loses. How to keep going, all the remaining self-esteem had disappeared, who could be happy?  Couldn’t return to the original state and start again, correct the mistakes. Understand the pain from the past, I guess that’s already a gain. Regretting that I passed my life so loosely, looking back at myself, let it go, every second seems to be a waste. This world is so dark, who is alone totally grievance. Got old, grown up, perhaps I could self-create happiness? I never learn to grown up, but time just passes by. Rushing so quickly, I once made mistake, stepped over the line; been hurt but who is the one to judge who’s the winner or loser. Never got understated, stay in position and just accepted that this is call grown up. But it doesn’t matter, as we growth we will get our answer, and it will come faster.” Hope you will like the song.



重新長大 – Alfred Hui

1 comment: