Wednesday, February 4, 2015

4th Feb 2015 (做場好戲 – William So, Charles Ying (應昌佑), Kate Yeung (楊淇), Jason Chan, Lesley Chiang (姜麗文) and Benji Chiang (姜文杰))

The song for today is “做場好戲” by William So, Charles Ying (應昌佑), Kate Yeung (楊淇), Jason Chan, Lesley Chiang (姜麗文) and Benji Chiang (姜文杰). This song is a reader request, it is a theme song of a HKTV drama “童話戀曲 201314”. Apart from William and Jason, I guess the rest are not too well known. Charles was a singer under Leon Lai’s music label “A-Music”, during that time he had a number of songs produced, that most famous one that I could recall was “24” which featured Janice Vidal. He wasn’t able to make his name well know, as sort of disappeared over the years. Kate, if I remember correctly was a stage actor and she also stared in a few movies during the mid 00’s.  Benji and Lesley are brother and sister, they are the kids of Paul Chiang (秦沛, a famous Chinese actor. 秦沛 is his stage name). Benji worked in TVB for quite some time, and I think a couple of years ago, he formed a singing group “Benji and Lesley” with his sister, and they produced their own album. Lesley on the other hand had once worked at the Japanese TV station NHK for some kid show. However the group seems to have disappeared over the years. The direct English translation of the title is “Act a good show”

The lyrics of the songs are about reaching your dreams. As so many people are involved in this song, I will represent their line by the first letter of their name, for example “W:” as William. W: No matter how the weather is like outside the door, I will still hope for the best. Whoever hasn’t agree, didn’t cheer, but I will still keep going. C: I wish that I could act in a good drama, so good that you will enjoy it. Never cared that other people have fight for it; I said that all I need is to no give up. K: No matter how hard the plan is to execute, even if it only be push forward by a little bit. J: Strength, who would care if it is old fashioned. J & L: The way I do this, at the end it will not be wasted. Boys: Those that I wanted, I believe I will get them. Girls: Knowing how to keep my dreams fresh, I will forever stay young. S: You are so heartless to say that fate had been predetermined? C & K: Don’t be deceived by others and became sad. Boys: Those that you chase after, at the end you will get it. Girls: The hard earning award, you have already got enough points to exchange for it. B: Who is trying to stop me from dancing freely? All: Dreams will be achieved, and it could be reached. K: I wish that I could act in a good drama, so good that you will enjoy it. Never cared that other people have fight for it; I said that all I need is to no give up. L: No matter how hard the plan is to execute L & B: even if it only be push forward by a little bit. C: Strength, who would care if it is old fashioned. C & B: The way I do this, at the end it will not be wasted. All: Those that I wanted, I believe I will get them. Knowing how to keep my dreams fresh, I will forever stay young. You are so heartless to say that fate had been predetermined? Don’t be deceived by others and became sad. Those that you chase after, at the end you will get it. The hard earning award, you have already got enough points to exchange for it. Who is trying to stop me from dancing freely? Dreams will be achieved, and it could be reached. Hope you will like the song.




做場好戲 – William So, Charles Ying (應昌佑), Kate Yeung (楊淇), Jason Chan, Lesley Chiang (姜麗文) and Benji Chiang (姜文杰)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks really appreciate it!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete